History of NSW Polo Association
Countess of Dudley Cup
Hector King Cup
The Morton Cup
The Australasian Gold Cup
The Australian National Open
International Test Matches
Polo at the Royal Easter Show
Learn To Play
Current Financial Members
Handicaps (Australia Wide)
Contact a Member
Watching Polo & Social Membership
First Time Watching Polo
Rules & Regs
Australian Polo Council
Rules & Regulations
Rules & Regs
NSW Polo Association
Notes on hiring a Professional Player
9 Apr 2013
If you are hiring a professional player, these are the type of rates you can expect to pay. It should be noted that any of the amounts quoted below are indications only and that it is up to the person engaging a player to negotiate rates in each situation.
Indicated Rates, per chukka
• 0 to 6 goal
7 goal - $300
6 goal - $300
5 goal- $275
4 goal - $250
3 goal - $200
2 goal - $150
• 7 to 10 goal
7 goal - $375
6 goal - $375
5 goal - $350
4 goal - $300
3 goal - $250
2 goal - $200
Obligations you can expect from a Professional
• A professional will disclose any other teams he is playing for that weekend when confirming a deal- if none disclosed the patron is entitled to assume he has the sole use of that player that weekend on his best horses and the player is not playing any other grade
• Once confirmed a player will not “jump teams” for a better offer
• Once confirmed a player may only do a second game deal with the agreement of the first patron
• A professional will turn up fully and properly mounted for the engagement.
• A professional will turn up to play on time and conduct himself professionally and properly and will at all times seek to bring credit on his team and to the sport
• A professional will try to play chukkas with his team in the week prior to the tournament and will generally try to assist the patron in any issues he has regarding his polo operation or set up
• A professional will provide umpiring duties and other functions as necessary to support tournaments and polo generally
Obligations you should observe when paying a Professional Player
• All rates are GST exclusive
• Rates are 66% of these rates per chukka if mounted by the patron
• Rates assume payment on the weekend of the game on invoice
• Rates above 10 goal are by negotiation
• Once a commitment is made a wash out weekend is to be paid at 50% of the agreed fee.
• If the first day is paid and other days are washed out then the other days are at 50%
• These arrangements do not apply to a professional polo player employed full time by a patron and playing for that patron
APF Rules Test - now online
- 19 Feb 2017
Online Rules Test: The NSWPA encourages every player to take the Rules Test in 2017, either by atte...
Tournament Safety Checklist
- 15 Sep 2016
Tournament Committees: Before each tournament or club chukkas at your polo club, please comple...
- 14 Apr 2016
Clubs - Please find attached a Scoresheet template.
NSW Polo Association CONSTITUTION (2012) & Guidelines
- 31 Aug 2015
Please find attached: 1. The NSW Polo Association Constitution (2012). 2. Guidelines on ...
NSW Polo Association Club Colours
- 20 Aug 2015
Please click here to view the Club Colours.
- 5 Mar 2015
Attached is a Summary of the Insurances available to members of the Australian Polo Federation in NS...
PROCEDURES FOR CLUB PRESIDENTS & SECRETARIES
- 12 Jan 2015
NSW POLO ASSOCIATIONPROCEDURES FOR CLUB PRESIDENTS & SECRETARIES 1. Affiliating your Club w...
2015 Rules for Dudley Cup, & 8 Goal Dudley, Morton & Hector King
- 1 Sep 2014
The 2015 Dudley Cup Rules are the same as last year. Please find on attached PDF. The 2015 Rules...
Incident Reporting: Form & Guidelines
- 2 Feb 2013
INCIDENT REPORT FORMS – GUIDE Please find attached at the top: 1. Incident Report Form 2....
PLAYER REGISTRATION 2013 - the details
- 3 Jan 2013
Here is the detail of what the Registration Fee includes & how to register: To renew your regis...
FORMS AND POLICIES ARCHIVE
SIGN UP FOR THE FRIENDS OF POLO NEWSLETTER
PARTNERS & SPONSORS
Rules & Regs
NSW Polo Association PO Box 957 Bondi Junction NSW 1355 Australia Tel: 0409 764 607 Email:
© Copyright New South Wales Polo Association 2012